Garage door maintenance, service and repair
We at Hicklin Door Services are the Des Moines (IA) experts in garage doors and garage door openers. We have more that 15 years of experience in garage door sales, garage door installation, garage door maintenance, garage door repair and any other garage door services. We have worked on any types of complete garage door systems and we have established a solid reputation.
If you need a garage door maintenance/adjustment or a garage door repair, you can be sure that our qualified technicians will be able to rapidly diagnose and resolve the problem. Also, in order to ensure optimal functioning of your residential garage door or commercial garage door, we have developed and implemented an annual Preventive Maintenance Program. This program will save you from unwanted surprises and guarantee your peace of mind while also saving you time and money. Don’t wait until you end up stuck in your garage because the door will not open. Take advantage of our maintenance service for your garage door system.
We have the solution to your garage door problems.
Do you experience problems with your garage door opener?
- It doesn’t work
- It opens and closes by itself
- It makes annoying noises
Do you experience problems with your garage door?
- It doesn't open, or open with difficulty
- It doesn't close correctly, or completely
- It doesn't reverse direction
We are just a call away! Our expert technicians will promptly answer your questions, or schedule an appointment for your garage door repair, garage door maintenance or any other garage door or garage door opener problem. Here are some of the services we provide:
- Garage door maintenance, garage door repair and adjustment of garage door parts including:
- damaged sections
- door cables
- broken springs
- broken or bent rollers
- Garage door maintenance, garage door repair and adjustment of problematic garage doors including:
- noisy garage doors
- bent or misaligned tracks
- Replacement of hardware
- Safety inspection
- Other garage door maintenance needs:
- other garage door repair needs
- other garage door adjustment needs
No problem is too difficult for us! Entrust your garage door needs to us and we will solve them to your complete satisfaction.
Why choose Hicklin Door Services? Here are a few good reasons:
- We are part of the Garaga Expert Network.
- Our technicians are certified; therefore, our services meet the highest standards of professionalism.
- Our staff will provide professional advice because we know our products perfectly.
- Our staff is courteous, and our customers are testifying to the high quality of our products and services. You can consult all our reviews!
- We provide services for residential, commercial and industrial customers.
- You can contact us online to schedule an appointment.
- We cover the areas of: Ames, Ankeny, Des Moines, West Des Moines, Clive, Waukee, Norwalk, Dallas Center, Polk City, Grimes, Altoona, Winterset, Van Meter, Adel, Desoto, Indianola, St. Charles, New Virginia, Carlise, Pleasant Hill, Johnston, Cumming, Maxwell, Boone, Nevada, Urbandale, Granger, Earlham, Stuart, Perry, Madrid, Huxley, Colfax, Pleasantville, Prairie, City, Bondurant, Runnells, Roland, Slater, Woodward, Gilbert, Mitchellville, Elkhart, Hartford, Knoxville.
- We can repair any type of garage door or garage door opener, and provide replacement of parts and accessories for:
Garage Door Brands
CHI Overhead Door
Garage Door Opener Brands
Sears / Craftsman
- We are skilled in garage door repair and garage door maintenance.
- We love our work and we pride ourselves on the services we offer.
- Therefore, you can completely trust us! Call us today!
What you should know about our annual Preventive Maintenance Program (PMP)
When you have a new residential garage door installed, you want the system to operate efficiently and safely for as long as possible. There is no secret to achieving this. Your garage door system must be manufactured with the best materials, installed by qualified technicians, and inspected regularly.
It is important to maintain your garage door regularly, just as you do your car. Do not forget that the garage door is the largest moving component in your home and it is or will become a frequently used entrance. It is therefore vital to follow the maintenance instructions for your new GARAGA garage door to avoid the need of a garage door repair.
To that end, at Hicklin Door Services we provide an annual Preventive Maintenance Program for your garage door and the added peace of mind that comes along with it.
This residential garage door maintenance program includes the ten-point inspection enumerated below:
- Inspect, lube and adjust rollers and hinges;
- Inspect, lube and adjust torsion springs and all plates;
- Inspect, adjust and balance extension springs (Note: Installation of security cables with extension springs is highly recommended by Garaga);
- Inspect and tighten nuts and bolts;
- Inspect and adjust lifting cables;
- Inspect and adjust tracks (alignment and wall attachment);
- Inspect and lube exterior frame and door bottom weather stripping;
- Inspect and adjust door opener’s electrical components including trolley;
- Test and adjust all safety systems (mechanical or photoelectrical);
- Inspect and tune remote controls & door opener accessories.
It is best to have this garage door maintenance done before winter or every 12 to 18 months. It’s similar to having your car tuned up before the winter.
Garage door repair is dangerous! This is why we recommended that you not attempt to fix it yourself. The experts at Hicklin Door Services will come out to your home to do a complete inspection of your garage door system, them they will complete the garage door repair or garage door maintenance needed with a peerless professionalism. We are known for our expertise and knowledge in this field.
Please give us a call at 515-276-3700, and we will work with you to set up the perfect Preventive Maintenance Program for your garage door if you need a garage door maintenance service or plan a repair appointment to your convenience if you need a garage door repair service.